Monday, July 2, 2012

Manicure Monday

So today I tried out marbling, something I haven't done since Jr. High!! Totally forgot about this method so decided to try it out in red, white, and blue in honor of the 4th of July coming up in a few days. 

I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On as a base and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Cherry Red and Wet n Wild fast dry in Saved by the Blue for swirling. (like my table? It's fairly epic.  Table I have used for crafts since I was a kid!)

So I start with a thick layer of the base then drop on one of each color.  I then used a toothpick to swirl the colors around
Tada! Kinda marbled! 
With flash: 
Without flash:
Not bad for a first try in years (many...many...years...) Might try this again this week for a wedding I'm going to.  We will see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment