Friday, September 7, 2012

Swatch: Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps in Antique Frost

Today I bring you an oldie but goodie, Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps in Antique Frost.  This line seems to be discontinued, and this polish itself is...old.  I know I wore it for my friends wedding...four and a half years ago, so it is at least that old.  I for one am not scared of older polishes and was happy to see after a bit of shaking it seemed good as new. 

For some reason while in my polish box, I thought this polish was more pink. When I got it on my nails I was very happy to see it is more of a coppery color. This made me VERY happy. Why? I have been tempted to buy Essie's Penny Talk since I saw it come out and this polish is along the same lines. Is it a dupe? Since I don't own Penny Talk or know anyone who does, I cannot tell for sure.  But what I do know is that, for me, this is close enough that my craving for a copper polish is now satisfied. Lesson here ladies, always look through your polish box/drawer/bag/stash before buying a higher price polish, you never know what you may have forgotten you had! 

Now after that very long intro, swatch time! This is three coats without topcoat. I was very happy that for a frost, the brush strokes were not very visible.  Now I just need to ask myself why I didn't wear this polish more! 

Without flash: 
With flash: 

No comments:

Post a Comment