Sunday, September 2, 2012

Review: Neutrogena Visibly Bright Daily Facial Cleanser

Today we will take a look at Neutrogena Visibly Bright Daily Facial Cleanser.  I was excited to try this one as I have had good experiences with Neutrogena over the years. I can't remember where I got this cute little sample from, but it was enough to last me about two weeks with washing my face twice a day. 
The back. Note "avoiding contact with the delicate eye area" more on that later. 
How it looks: 
First Impression: I was surprised that this cleanser has a pearl sheen to it when it comes out of the tube.  And the smell is WONDERFUL! Slightly citrusy and sweet, I adored it! It removed my make up, even my stubborn eye liner and mascara.  My skin felt smooth and not tight.  

Overall Thoughts: About a week into using this cleanser I noticed the outside corners of my eyes were getting really dry and the skin was red and irritated.  It actually hurt a bit.  That is when I looked at the cleanser and noticed the warning to avoid the eye area.  This worried me, I didn't think this was a harsh cleanser, so never would have thought to find this disclaimer.  I like to use my face wash to clean my entire face, eye area included.  The rest of my skin was clean and soft, did not notice if it was brighter, but there was no irritation other than the eye area. I have to say, I will not be going out and purchasing this as a full size product due to the irritation in my eye area. Yes, the cleanser did come with a warning, but it worries me enough not to want to purchase.  This makes me sad as other than that, this was a great cleanser and the scent was divine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment