Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review: Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful! Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath

This was the Sephora birthday gift from 2011, yes I am a tad...late.  But had to work my way through a lot of shower gels this year! 

Initial Thoughts: I was wary of the scent of this one, at first sniff it is very vanilla.  And I do not like fake vanilla smell.  But since I have heard such good things about Philosophy products, I gave in and gave it a try.  I am so glad I did! Once lathered, this smells just like a vanilla cake.  The vanilla note becomes very subtle and is balanced nicely by a sweet sugar note.  They really did nail the scent on this one.  The gel is very thick, which I like because it doesn't drip off my hand in the hot shower before I can get a good lather going.  The lather is nice and thick and works well as a shave gel too. 

Overall Thoughts: I can totally understand the hype over these Philosophy shower gels. I haven't tried it as a bubble bath or shampoo, but as a shower gel this is awesome.  I love how thick it is, and how a little goes a long way.  The thick lather makes a great shave gel too, making this a great multi tasker. And the scent, YUM. This makes me want to try other scents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment