Friday, October 12, 2012

Review: Garnier Fructis Color Shield Shampoo and Conditioner

Today is another sample! I was a bit hesitant to give this one a try as I haven't had much luck with Garnier shampoos.  But, wanted to try it out just to see, and this one actually worked for me! 

Overall Thoughts:  As this is a sample, I can only give my first impressions.  Since I only used it for three days and my dye job is old and already toast, I cannot comment on how it prevented color fade.  So I will comment just on its properties as a shampoo and conditioner.  I was happy to say this is the first time I have been happy with a Garnier shampoo and conditioner.  It made my hair feel really smooth and soft.  The only part that was frizzy was the ends, but only Tresseme split remedy has made my ends smooth (yay a million split ends from a razor hair cut...a year ago) This one didn't irritate my scalp too much either.  

This is the first Garnier shampoo/conditioner I would ever consider buying (so far).  I am glad I was able to find something that works for my oily, super fine, pin straight, and damaged hair.  The only thing that made me question this one is my scalp was a little itchy, but then again, almost everything makes my super sensitive scalp be evil.  But shampoo is one of those things that varies so much from person to person. That is why I love samples, I am able to see if a product works without being stuck with a giant bottle of product I have to try to pawn off to someone.  

2 comments:

  1. I adore Garnier. They seem to react well with my hair (and skin with the few skin products of theirs I've tried samples of, which is incredible as my skin is so sensitive) and the scent just can't be beaten...All-time favorite even though I don't always have it as I generally have to just snatch up what's on sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats part of the fun/pain of beauty products. One thing may be the perfect thing for one, and may make another person break out in hives! I only buy whats on sale too, so having another item to add to my list of potentials always makes me happy ^___^

      Delete