Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

Even for a little beauty blog based out of the west coast, my heart goes out to those on the east coast going through the storm.  I am very lucky that my family out there only suffered a few broken tree branches and loosing power for a day.  For those of you out there, or with family out there, my heart goes out to you and here is hoping you are all safe. 

I would also like to take a moment to honor a few of the fallen from the storm. 

Yesterday the HMS Bounty went down after loosing power and taking on water.  For those of you who do not know, the Bounty is a replica tall ship whose most recent time on film was in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. 


Hearing about her going down broke my heart.


But more importantly, life was lost as well.  I would like to pay my respects to deckmate Claudene Christian who was claimed by the sea while the crew abandoned ship.  Captain Robin Walbridge is still missing and even though it has been almost two days, I am still hoping for a miracle and the sea will give him back.  

As a member of a family with strong roots to the sea, my grandfather and father are US Coast Guard and we all grew up on the family sailboat in the San Francisco bay, this hit us all very hard.  The Bounty was a floating piece of history, and every sailor lost is even harder.  I want to thank the USCG for their hard work helping the crew of the Bounty and for their continued efforts helping the entire coast while the storm continues. 

All of you, stay safe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment