Friday, March 8, 2013

Review: Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar

I originally bought this for the boyfriend in a failed attempt to get him to wash his face.  Since I was out of face wash and still had this sitting around, I decided to give it a try.






See? Its clear!
Initial Thoughts: I was wary as it is a bar of soap and I had no faith it would be good for my skin.  It doesn't lather at all, which also made me skeptical.  I used it to take off my makeup and was amazed when I looked in the mirror and every bit of makeup was gone! It is a bit more drying than most face washes I used, but if I put on a light moisturizer on after it is perfect. 

Overall Thoughts: I am quite impressed! I have been using this for about three weeks now.  I did get some breakouts, but they were mild and cleared up really quickly.  After the initial flare up, my skin has settled down.  I do sometimes break out when I use new face washes, but this seems to also be helping my skin bring up icky stuff and then clearing it out. (if that makes ANY sense) I really like this, I love how affordable it is (about $3 for the bar) and how I don't have to worry about it leaking in my gym bag.  I can totally see why this facial bar has been around for so long and has such a strong following.  They also have an acne bar I am dying to try, but with the rate I am going through this bar, that will be in like 6 months. =P

2 comments:

  1. I'd be interested to try this, but I'm wondering if it still has that trademark "Neutrogena" smell...That's what keeps me so far away from their soaps and cleansers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I smelled the bar when I got home and I can't detect a scent. Now I am being attacked by allergies so my nose isn't 100%, but if there is any scent it is very very faint.

      Delete