Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Swatch: Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Glitz Gal

So I saw this post on Wacky Laki about using Elmer's glue as a base coat for a glitter mani.  Since removal is the one thing holding me back from doing more glitter manis, I had to try it! So this mani is done over a base of glue! I will follow up in a few days with how it wore and how removal was.  Excited!

This is the only polish I own from the Gem Crush line.  It is SOOOOOO pretty. But, removal is EVIL. There is just so much glitter!!! If this glue base coat works, I may have to find more lol.  This is with three coats, I could have done two, but wanted more sparkle.  This is a top coat eater.  I did two coats of Insta-Dri and its still bumpy.  I usually hate it when my nails are not perfectly smooth, but the sparkle in this polish is worth it.

Without flash, no top coat: 

With flash, no top coat:

Without flash, with top coat:

With flash, with top coat:

No comments:

Post a Comment